Reports To: Roll Form Production Coordinator
Location: Mount Vernon Plant
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The position of Roll Form Operator I is considered an entry level position and consists primarily of taking parts from a Roll Form machine, bending parts, boxing parts, placing them in boxes onto skids and performing quality inspections. This position usually can do basic operations in the department utilizing 1-3 machines. Must follow quality process and procedures as well as order processing procedures. Mechanical ability is utilized for this position. This position must complete a six (6) week training evaluation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for getting machine(s) ready for production, including machine set-up, changeovers, and preparing materials for production.
- Assist in maintaining the flow of production for the purpose of making air filtration components and/or real estate sign components.
- Responsible for conducting quality inspections on parts prior to shipping through the use of calipers, micrometers, tape measures and/or quality gauges.
- Follows assigned production schedule.
- Strives to meet or exceed production targets.
- Responsible for labeling boxes.
- Provides close attention to detail of order specifications such as product dimensions, packaging requirements, and customer information to ensure accuracy.
- Must abide by all safety rules and policies at all times.
- Must properly complete production and inspection forms.
- Observes assigned working hours and is prompt and dependable.
- Must be able to distinguish steel types and sizes.
- Achieve certification after 6 weeks of training.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirement; general educational background without high school completion, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. High School Diploma or GED is preferred.